At some point, you are going to want your musical compositional piece to end. As good as a composition is, it should end to give way to another exciting work of yours.
So, what are some aspects to keep in mind on writing a strong ending?
Well, we can think of several aspects that can act as a checklist, such as having the ending of a piece of music…
- Officially end the composition in an interesting and engaging way
- Use a finish of slowing-down (or speeding up) rhythmically
- Extend an ending phrase, as possibly a vamp or sequence
- Be characteristic to the rest of the composition
- Utilize it as the peak climax, or point of resolution
Once again, these are tips in mind – whether you decide to use them or not is up to you. You are the composer, write how you want!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read! Feel free to comment, share, and subscribe for more daily tips below! Till next time.